Wednesday, August 6, 2008

An Update on JERI

Howdy!
I wanted to share with you where I’m at and where I’m going. So without further ado…

Bloomingdale rocks! – Ang and I (WE MovemenT) are still living in Bloomingdale (hopefully we get to extend our lease). After being in DC for 7 years I can say, that from a residential standpoint, this has been my favorite place to live! Awesome house & neighbors, good accessibility to other parts of DC, and a REAL community feel. As of now, this neighborhood represents a good example/balance of gentrification. Check it out @ http://imgoph.blogspot.com/ and http://bloomingdaleneighborhood.blogspot.com/.

I've changed restaurants – Since my last update (1 year ago) I’ve had great tours of duty @ Corduroy, www.corduroydc.com and Cork Wine Bar, www.corkdc.com . Well, as of today, Wednesday, August 06, 2008 I am bartending at the third operation from the Hank’s Oyster Bar crew, Commonwealth, http://commonwealthgastropub.com/ (1400 Irving St NW, by the Columbia Heights Metro). The concept is a British Gastropub which means it is good British food (trust me, it exists here) and a great selection of beers and spirits (41 beers and counting). Schedules are still being worked out, but please believe I will be a constant face behind the bar and at the pub tables. It’s going to be fun… Cheers!!!

I'm still working on being in the best shape of my life!!! – I’ve been cooking my arse off! Taking advantage of the Bloomingdale Farmers Market fresh produce (and some select trips to Whole Foods) and staying on top of healthier foods. PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR DIET. I also started taking Hot Yoga. All I can say about that experience is CLEANSING, and I’m loving it! KEY TAKEAWAY – Your health is not a game, and your body is a temple. Treat it as such.

In the "pipeline" - Ang and I will be heading up to NYC occasionally to “scope out” where we’re going to live up there. If you got some tips, insider news, hook ups, etc HOLLA AT US!!! We’re moving there in early 2009. Owwww!!!

At the end of August, WE’ll be heading to Black Rock City, Nevada for Burning Man, http://burningman.com/. I’m really stoked!!!
Keep your eyes and ears open for another WE House Party coming to our cool pad in Bloomingdale in the near future. Ya’ll already know how WE MovemenT throw down on our get-togethers, so bring your game face, good attitude, and be ready to mash it up!!! Owwww!!!

Keep you eyes and ears open for the next installment of EBONY & IVORY, http://www.myspace.com/dcebonyandivory, presented by John & Jason. It’s been awhile, but have no fear! We’re gonna bring it back STRONG. By the way, it will be the 2-year anniversary!!! We’re looking @ September.

I’m blogging now baby!!! Check me out…comment, subscribe, etc. It’s www.johnerockits.blogspot.com. Owwww!!!

Last & definitely not least, I’M WORKING ON OPENING UP MY OWN BAR IN WASHINGTON, DC!!! If you have some tips, insider news, hook ups, etc please share. At the very least keep me in your prayers, thoughts, etc and support me when it happens. Oh yeah, it’s going to happen.

Still getting better & better. Owwww!!!
And still Peace, Love, & Blessings.
JERI = John E Rock Its

No comments: