Saturday, August 2, 2008

ENDORSEMENT Fridays - 1st take

I have a fairly laid back demeanor. However, most of you who know me or have heard me speak, know that at times I have quite strong convictions about certain things. These convictions cover a wide range of topics, and are presented to to the audience in different levels of force depending on the time of day, amount of sleep experienced, music I've listened too, and number of gin drinks imbibed; just to name a few possible factors :-)
Well, I'm going to make an attempt at standardization here, for YOU (and only you!). Every Friday I'm going to make an endorsement about "something(s)" I feel strongly about (see, I'm back to conviction again...it all blends perfectly). This will be fun and introspective for me and will give YOU a light experience about how it is to have a convo with me or see where my head is at, even if you are not with me at 4 am in Chinatown waiting on a G&T and beef in oyster sauce to go. So without further ado:

John E. Rockits aka JERI endorses 1)J* Davey and 2)Muhsinah


I took the opportunity to check them out at Liv this past Thursday and WOW...it was awesome. Simply put, they make DAMN GOOD MUSIC! I am not a music reviewer, nor do I want to become one so I will spare you my "expert" description, and I won't try and put their music in a category or box. Here's the deal, good musicianship (both performed with bands), excellent vocals, great energy and crowd interaction, fly looks, and SOUL.
Please take the time out to look them up online, whether washingtonpost.com, myspace, google, whatever and support their music...They rock!

Peace,
JERI

OK OK - fine, here's some clip-age (It's older stuff):

mUSINAH - cONSTRUCTION

Construction from Rxlngr on Vimeo.

j*dAVEY - mR. mISTER
J*DaVeY | Mr. Mister

No comments: