Sunday, August 10, 2008

ENDORSEMENT Fridays - take 2

A little late, but here I go!!!John E. Rock Its endorses The Restaurant & Hospitality industry.
This may seem like a no brainer to some being that I work in the biz...but it's more than that. Many people work in industry's that they don't like; for me that's not the case. Matter of fact, I LOVE IT.
Check it. When is the last time you were in a room with an ex-convict, a former drug dealer, a former drug addict, a MBA graduate, a culinary school graduate, a former attorney and real estate investor, a spoiled rich kid, and a 2nd generation Nigerian...taking shots of whiskey and beer after working an 8 hour shift? For most people, NEVER. See the "restaurant and hospitality OR service industry," call it what you want, is as close to equal opportunity as possible. It's where people of completely different backgrounds, interests, education levels, races, genders, and religions can get together and truly collaborate to crate something AWESOME. It's not perfect, but it is as pure and raw, as it is muddled and processed. It's balanced. It takes you back to the basics and is the ultimate show and tell. Remember when you presented something on front of a class, not to compete but because you felt you had a point-of-view that would be interesting to someone else, and you couldn't wait for them to see? That's what this is baby! I got a bomb cocktail that I want to share, so here it goes. I have a lasagna recipe from my time in the pen that is gonna make you feel like you're in Italy! I have created a combination of flavors that encompasses my all my ethnic backgrounds that will have you eager for more and salivating, even as you are puzzled. This is where you put up or shut up, because in the end; the good survive and the GREAT flourish. PERIOD. I tip my hat off to my colleagues who everyday jump in head first and constantly strive to get better and better while delivering something tasty, outrageous, educational, simple, complex, savory, delightful, and refreshing; in efforts to see you coming back for more. Imagine that, an industry that thrives on human interaction; technology can't replace that. An industry encompassing the good, bad, ugly and everything in between (as well as everything outside the boundaries). Thank you show and tell, and thank you restaurant industry!

SALUD!
Jeri
Get Some!
http://www.ramw.org/
http://www.discus.org/

No comments: