Saturday, June 14, 2008

Fellas Night Key Take Away :-P

This is not a inside look to what the fellas do when they get together. This is just a take away from me, after this particular fellas night that just occurred. Ladies if you were looking to gain extra insight on men, my apologies, it's still just me, John E. Rock Its.

THE TIME IS NOW
I have a piece on this topic brewing inside of me...trust me, it's coming. From tonight after the cocktails, riddims, interactions, and individual parties, I still have the same thought. I feel good because it reaffirms that substances don't have a control over me, where I can't think and act clearly. Especially think. The mind can be without the body, but not the body without the mind. That would be death. I'M ALIVE!!!
My people, the time is now. Not because of politics, economies, religion, unemployment, etc. But because of those factors and WAY MORE. I'm working towards being about it, and not talking about it. And as an extra challenge to my insightful and well off, progressive, and educated peeps. As you're being about it, occasionally take a TIME OUT. As you would quantify, rationalize, or justify your actions professionally. Please take a deeper look at yourself and critique it harder than any Ivy League professor would. Harder than your parents and community, who through the thick and thin, will accept you and excuse you. If not now, when. Accountability is the process I am buying into. Act accordingly, I'm working on it. Much Love.

Peace.
John E. Rock Its

1 comment:

Geechee Suede said...

I agree 100%. I'm working on being about it instead of just talkin it.